We are looking for volunteers to help us with the opening and running of the new mosque. If you can provide support in one of the volunteer roles listed below, apply to join our team by completing the application form here (UK residents only). All volunteers will receive the welcome, induction and training relevant to their role (dates TBD). The tasks required of volunteers are as follows:
Be a part of building this unique community project!
· Assisting in various administrative tasks related to the day-to-day running of the mosque
· Assisting in various administrative tasks related to organising different events and activities, including the initial mosque opening
· Helping to serve coffee/tea and snacks
· Keeping tables in the dining room clean between visitors
· Carrying dirty dishes from the dining room to the dishwasher and washing dishes where needed
· Assisting the dishwasher with putting away the clean dishes
· Helping with the general cleaning of the kitchen and dining area, including sweeping and washing the floor, and washing down counters, walls, tables, etc.
· Assisting in preparing the mosque facility rooms and prayer hall
· Assisting in keeping all the public spaces inside the mosque clean and tidy
Restricted to volunteers with the necessary professional training such as medical staff.
· Working as part of a team to provide first aid care in line with current protocols
· Identifying and treating injuries presented to you
· Knowing your first-aid limitations and summoning assistance when needed
· Being responsible for first aid equipment when on duty
· Liaising with the fundraising coordinator
· Running bucket collections and collecting donations
HEALTH AND SECURITY:
Restricted to volunteers with the necessary professional training such as police officers and firefighters.
· Preventing any area from becoming congested with visitors
· Patrolling grounds before, during and after prayers
· Identifying questionable behaviour and responding quickly by reporting it to the security coordinator
· Helping to update and maintain the mosque’s website
· Helping to update the mosque’s social media presence
· Creating content for the website and social media channels
· Helping with other general IT issues relating to the IT and communications infrastructure of the mosque
· Directing visitors to the relevant mosque facilities
· Providing special assistance to visitors with specific access requirements
· Answering simple enquiries and knowing where to direct enquiries
· Helping to clean up the reception area
· We welcome anyone who wishes to volunteer in other areas too, so please do fill out the form and make suggestions on how you might able to help.