After reviewing the status of the pandemic in Cambridgeshire and taking into account the recent developments in regard to Government Guidelines, Cambridge Central Mosque has made the decision to host Iftar as well as Tarawih Prayers during Ramadan 2021/1442, Insha’Allah.
Please see details of the guidelines below:
- All Covid-19 procedures will remain in place – Please see CCM’s Covid-19 Procedures.
- The Mosque will be open only to the local community and if any bookings are made from outside of Cambridgeshire for the Isha’a & Tarawih prayers, they will be automatically cancelled.
- If you live locally, please try to avoid travelling to the Mosque by car. Please use alternative transport methods such as walking, cycling or public transport i.e Bus.
- Strictly no food or drinks will be allowed to be brought on-site.
- The Masjid will provide worshippers with water and dates to break the fast.
- To prepare for Isha’a and Tarawih prayers, we kindly request that worshippers leave the Mosque after Maghrib Jama’at and read their Sunnah prayers at home.
- Tarawih prayer will commence straight after Isha’a Jammat (Please refer to the CCM Prayer Timetable).
- Based on recommendations by the MCB; The Trustees and management have decided that Tarawih prayers will consist of 8 short Rakats (Units of prayer).
- There will be no Itikhaf in the Mosque during Ramadan this year.
- Due to Covid-19, children under the age of 12 will not be permitted inside the Mosque.
- A daily booking system will be put in place so worshippers must book a ticket via Eventbrite to attend the Isha’a Jamaat and Tarawih prayers.
- In light of the limited spaces in the Mosque, we kindly request that you do not book 2 days in a row in order to give others in the community the opportunity to also pray Taraweeh.
- To respect our neighbours, we kindly ask that you leave quietly after Tarawih prayers without congregating outside the Mosque.
- If travelling by car, please use the Mosque car park and if full, please park sensibly without causing any disruption to our neighbours.